Hilton Giesenow's Jumbled Mind

Monday, September 27, 2004

Broadband at last??

I once had a colleague who had a t-shirt that read "Will work for Bandwidth". I think that sums up the South African I.T. industry!

Anyways, I may finally be getting ADSL, albeit a slow and cranky one. There are four desktops and I notebook with wireless that will want to share the connection though, so I was thinking of a wireless / 4 port ethernet ADSL router. That is, it is a 4-port ethernet hub / wireless access point / ADSL router. I can get hold of a D-Link or an SMC one. Has anyone tried these out? What have you found?

2 Comments:

  • I really enjoy your content on internet connections and will be back very frequently! I actually have my own internet connections secrets blog with all kinds of secret stuff in it. You're welcome to come by!

    By Blogger natalie, at 4:31 PM  

  • Hi,
    I came across your blog by chance. I think it's great to offer your thoughts and ideas across to a worldwide audience for comment. At present, this is my own blog broadband phone service and although the subject matter is totally different from the one you're writing about perhaps it does affect us all in some way. Cheers!

    By Blogger TT, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home