Hilton Giesenow's Jumbled Mind

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Combined Dance Show

My girlfriend is a professional Spanish dancer and she took part in a combined show tonight together with the Jazzart company and a whole bunch of others. It was hectic. I'm not really a big dance fan and so I only really see Spanish dance (for obvious reasons :->) so it was really interesting to see modern, tap, African, Spanish, Indian and a few others all in the same show and with a couple in the same piece even.

One of the most amazing pieces, though, was definitely one from a company that apparently has a number of physically disabled dancers. The male dancer was wheelchair-bound! This was something I had never even conceptialized. I always enjoy experiencing these kind of things for two reasons. First of all, corny as it sounds, it really helps me to remember to be thankfully for what I have and secondly it is amazing to see people not let anything stand in their way, especially where most people would simply ive up.

1 Comments:

  • Dancing for the disabled is growing steadily in South Africa. One of the missions of our National Body is to promote the "lesser" sports....ie. dancing, golf, tennis etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home