Hilton Giesenow's Jumbled Mind

Friday, November 12, 2004

Some superb blog-related marketing

A short while ago I posted about CopySourceAsHTML, a really nifty little VS.Net plugin that lets you highlight some code in the ide, right click and then copy everything (colours, indenting, etc.) as pre-formatted html code.

I mentioned on my post that I had got hold of it and was trying it out but that I was having a bit of trouble with it. This morning, having had no direct contact with the him, I got an email from Colin Coller, its creator, who let me know that a new version was out with some fixes and improvements. He had obviously been Googling for the program, found my posting, and decided to let me know.

Personally, I was really impressed by this little marketing excersise. Scoble had a post yesterday about a startup company getting and responding to client feedback instantly on his blog. In fact, he has spoken a few times about the customer-feedback possibilities available through blogging and I think this was another great example.

Colin, as I said in my email, keep up the great work both on the product and the service front!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home